These brand new modern calligraphy worksheets have been a long time coming! I started them a few months ago and have been slowly sharing the uppercase sets on my Patreon page. But I have the full set ready to go and it’s now live in my Shop!
Learning modern calligraphy with worksheets
Modern calligraphy worksheets have been instrumental in my own calligraphy learning experience. And since I’ve been doing calligraphy for a few years now, I have started to develop my own styles and I wanted to share these worksheets.
The process to create something like this may seem pretty simple from the outside. However behind the scenes it can be pretty tedious. But it’s work I love to do so I really don’t mind.
Here’s just a snapshot of my process:
- Write the letters in my calligraphy style using a dip pen over & over & over
- Scan in the letters
- Pick the best letters for each one in uppercase, lowercase, and numbers
- Clean up the letters in Photoshop
- Layout the worksheets in InDesign
- Test print the files to make sure they look good
- Once I’m happy with the finals they’re done and ready for the shop!
I’ve shared this process for other projects if you want more of the behind the scenes look check out this past post.
The worksheets turned out really well and I’m hoping to expand on these a few different ways. First I want to create additional worksheets in the same style with words and phrases. From there I would like to create the full set in new styles. Hopefully over time I can build up a nice collection that will really help you learn modern calligraphy!
Modern Calligraphy Worksheets Set
Here’s the full lineup of what’s included in the modern calligraphy worksheets set if you want to check them out in the Shop:
- 21 pages of the full alphabet with 2 lines of each uppercase and lowercase character
- 26 pages of an intensive full page study of each lowercase letter
- 27 pages of an intensive full page study of each uppercase letter (a bonus variation of Q is the extra page!)
- 8 pages of uppercase letters split into sets of similar character groups
- 8 pages of the numbers 0-9 in numerics and the numbers one-ten spelled out