Sending a letter in the mail may seem old school but I’m totally on the #snailmail bandwagon and I hope you will join! It’s so much fun to send some happy mail to friends and family especially in today’s world. Even though we are so connected through the internet, there can be a lack of personal touches. But with snail mail you can really add some personality and realness to others. Plus it’ll be a nice surprise when someone checks the mail and sees a real letter or card instead of all of the junk!
So now that you are joining me with sending more snail mail, let’s step it up even more and add some fun to letter writing! There are a ton of ways to make sending mail creative but also keeping it simple. I’m going to share the various ways below and I hope you start sending more letters asap.
First impressions mean everything right?! The same is true with mail so why not use the envelope as a way to brighten someone’s day. There are a ton of ways to upgrade your envelope and stand out in a stack of junk mail.
Addressing & Stamps
Along with using unique envelopes you can add even more flair to them if you wish. Starting with the way you address to the stamps you use! Here are my suggestions to try out with your next card:
- Calligraphy: This is one of my preferred methods to address letters & cards. There are a ton of resources and guides out there to help you get started. I also have a guide here.
- Hand lettering: Again there are so many ways to implement this plus it adds a uniqueness to the envelope. Check out these fun ideas here.
- Vintage Stamps: Did you know that the postal service recognizes all US stamps ever made and will honor their value as a stamp so why not use some vintage ones? Just be sure to use enough to add up to the correct postage!
- USPS Stamps: They have so many stamp options and are always adding new designs
Now that you have a beautiful envelope ready to send why not dress it up even more? Here’s a few more items to use for either the envelope of the letter on the inside. Plus something to organize it all!
- Craft Makes Smile – Happy Mail Pack
- Funny Handlettered Flair Snail Mail Sticker Set
- Kraft Happy Mail Stickers
- Happy Mail Packaging Tape
- Clear Stamps for Card Making Decoration
- Aloha Washi Tape Set
- Wooden Mail Organizer
If you need a little nudge or more information for snail mail check out these books to get started:
- Write Back Soon!: Adventures in Letter Writing
- Snail Mail: Rediscovering the Art and Craft of Handmade Correspondence
- Happy Mail: Keep in touch with cool & stylish handmade snail mail!
Pinterest Board: I am always collecting new ideas on how to step up my snail mail. You can see them all plus so much more on Pinterest!
Greeting Card Subscription: If you need to step up your greeting card selection then look no further! If you sign up for a subscription then you will continually have cards ready to send whenever you fancy.